The City of Fort Collins and Larimer County are once again sponsoring the annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program, which is a free service for Fort Collins residents.
Recycle your post-holiday, undecorated Christmas trees from Dec. 26, 2013, through Jan. 20, 2014, at one of five designated drop-off locations. The Larimer County Landfill is the only site that will accept trees early - starting December 20 – and take trees for an additional day, through January 21.
Trees collected weekly from this residential program will be processed into wood mulch suitable for yard projects. Later in the spring, the mulch will be offered to the public for free at the Larimer County Landfill.
To ensure recycling of Christmas trees without contamination issues, please remove all lights, string, wire, metal hooks, nails, ornaments, tinsel, fake snow and bags before taking trees to one of the drop-off locations.
- Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St. (Tennis court parking lot)
- Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road. Mon. – Sat., 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St. (Southeast corner of the parking lot)
- Fort Collins Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St. (Southwest corner of Vine and Lemay)
- Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site, (Corner of Sixth Street and Grant Avenue)